- Country Profiles
- About TRIP
The Institute for Transport Planning and Systems (IVT) is part of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETHZ) in Zurich. It is divided into three research groups: Public Transport, Private Transport and Transport Planning.
Various projects in the areas of traffic security, analysis and statistics of accidents, road velocity etc.
Depending on the project.
Cooperation with Federal Institutes, see below.
Institute for Transport Planning and Systems (IVT)
Examples of current projects:
- Car Technology and Sustainable Mobility (AGS) - Role of innovative car technology for promoting sustainable mobility
- Alliance for global Sustainability (Fundamental patterns of travel behaviour and their policy implications for land-use, congestion, and air-quality)
- Structure and use of human activity spaces
- COST 340: Development of a traffic transit system and its implications in Switzerland
- Dateline: Design and Application of a Travel Survey for European Long-distance Trips Based on an International Network of Expertise
- Expedite: Expert-system based Predictions of Demand for Internal Transport in Europe
- ICN: Example Intercity-Lean-Train
- Legality of weekend leisure traffic
- NFP 48 (Erreichbarkeit und Tourismusverhalten) Transport infrastructure, tourist behaviour and spatial structure in landscapes and habitats of the alps
- Stella: Sustainable Transport in Europe and Links and Liaisons with America
- Large-scale multi-agent simulation of travel behaviour and traffic flow,
- Dynamic traffic demand models
- European Data Set for Long-Distance Travel (ETIS-BASE)
Examples of completed projects:
- Passenger mobility model
Prof Kay W. Axhausen
Institute for Transport Planning and Systems (IVT)HIL F 32.3
Tel: + 41 1 633 39 43
Website: Organisation website
TRIP is funded by the European Commission's Directorate General for Mobility and Transport under the Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7).