- Country Profiles
- About TRIP
This sub-programme follows a first coordinated activity targeted on local transportation planning, management and control, that founded the knowledge and the organisation of the Italian Research teams at International levels, in particular in the fields of modelling, transit planning and management, urban traffic control.
Main objectives concerned:
- to give support to central and local public administrations,
- to design innovations at organizational, technical and systems levels,
- to consolidate and improve the expertise of researchers in the field
- to monitor the state of the international and national research in the area
- to improve the synergy with European and International research programmes
- to promote a training programme for young researchers
- to involve also SME companies in the project
- to diffuse and transfer results of the projects.
The Sub-programme SP4 was managed by an ad hoc structure coordinated by a Direction team, supervised by a Scientific Committee and a Users Council.
The planned activities are strictly related to the national and local transport policy about sustainable mobility. Coordinated actions were carried out together with the National Research Council, the Ministry of Transportation and the Ministry of Research, and city administrations.
National Research Council
The total budget of the sub-programme was about EUR 30 million, subdivided into the different years.
The industrial funds (about 50% for each industrial project) amounted to about EUR 20 million.
The industrial contracts were managed by the Direction team and results evaluated by appointed experts.
Several specific projects were carried out by University teams, industrial companies and research centres, depending on the targets, that is methods developments, decision-making software implementation, new urban transport systems, transit management.
The main projects carried out are the following:
- Decision support systems for urban traffic and transport planning
- Decision support system for public transport planning
- Handbook for design and evaluation of automatic vehicle monitoring systems
- Management software tool for transit flexible services
- Decision support systems for environment impact evaluation
- Integrated software for transit network design and management
- Software tool for the impact analysis of innovations on the land-use / transport interactions
- Decentralised traffic control based on logic programming models
- Information systems for public transport services
- Multimedia user information systems
- Decision support system for supply organisation in regional public transport
Browse project descriptions for this programme
Dr Maurizio Bielli
Institute of System Analysis and Informatics (National Research Council)
Viale Manzoni 30
Website: Organisation website
TRIP is funded by the European Commission's Directorate General for Mobility and Transport under the Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7).